kkvictorylap

Friday, July 8, 2016

Canoeing on the Ljusnan River and Gulf of Bothnia


One afternoon this week, after all our work was done, the four Workaways took out two of the canoes from Ljusnefors Camping and paddled out from the Ljusnan River to the Gulf of Bothnia.  I didn't take any pictures during our trip because I had my phone stored and didn't want to lose it!  We had (or I had) a scary start....when we were taking the canoes down to the dock, I was walking backwards carrying a canoe and didn't see the board missing and fell right through with my right leg.  It was scraped and the canoe hit me in the face....
but I didn't break my leg and my face is OK!  I told my daughters, at least I can say that I was able to carry a canoe!

There are hundreds of islands in the Gulf and on one near Ljusne is a house.  It is unclear to me who owns it, but my host, Martin, said it is owned by the community to rent out.  We docked at the island and explored!

 We tied up our canoes to go exploring

Marion!

 Front of the house

 Photo from the front porch

Guest House

Back of the house

Outdoor bathrooms

 Boat and swimming dock





In Arkansas, we would think this was a storm shelter, but in Sweden, it is a food cellar.  I have seen many of them.

Liva found a well!


We found some wild strawberries that were so sweet!



Marion and Liva took an impromptu swim!

On our way home. we canoed by the Ljusnefors Campground where some of the cottages are and some RVs park




There are gazillions of beautiful rocks and boulders in this part of Sweden and likewise, there are as many mosquitos...who knew....before I came, I googled Zika Virus in Sweden and there was none.  It's a good thing, because of the number of mosquitos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment