kkvictorylap

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

KK's Next Adventure!!


This is it!  The Rajasthan Adventure by G Adventures!  I booked this trip about two years ago and was unable to go, so they held my money and allowed me to reschedule within 5 years, so last year I booked it for October 2016.

I started at Dulles International Airport to board my flight to London Heathrow for a 14 hour layover😱 and then on to Delhi, India where I will meet the tour leader of G Adventures and my group for the next 18 days.

I did some homework and found out that I can leave the Heathrow Airport during my layover as long as I am back 2 hours before boarding for Delhi.  On my trips to England in prior years, somehow I have missed going to Windsor Castle, so that is my mission while in England for 14 hours.  The castle is very near the airport (16 minutes/7.9 miles) and there are tour buses that leave from Heathrow to Windsor every 30 minutes.  


I arrive in London at 7:20 am and leave for Delhi at 9:55 pm......more later!

Long flight...very little sleep😵, but I feel great because I'm in London.  England is my favorite country.  With our crazy election on the horizon, I may have to move here for 4-8 years!!  Got great coffee so I'm good to go!  I'm taking the Heathrow Express to a different terminal to catch a bus to Windsor Castle.  We went through some quaint villages and neighborhoods on our way there!  Gardens are still so pretty, giant hanging baskets are lush with flowers.

Arrived at Windsor, ready to be a tourist! 

                      The Round Tower in the Middle Ward built by Henry II

State Departments in the Upper Ward


          Queen's audience and presence chambers

St. George's Chapel in the Lower Ward

Former moat is now a beautiful garden!


On my way back to Heathrow!




Check Windsor Castle off my bucket list ✔️

No comments:

Post a Comment