kkvictorylap

Saturday, November 18, 2017






I went on an overnight trip via boat to the Greek Island of Santorini!  I was picked up by a driver at The President Hotel near my Airbnb in Athens and taken to Piraeus Port to board the ferry to Santorini.  The ferry was the Hellenic Highspeed Cosmote.  The ferry carried automobiles and lots of people!  




We made 2 stops on the way to Santorini:  one at the island of Serifos and the island of Ios.





The water in the Aegean Sea was so beautiful and almost purely 'aquamarine' in color...seeing this water you know where the name of the color originated!







It was nice to see I was expected!  I must say, the tour company, Viator, was spot on...they picked me up exactly when they said they would in Athens and someone was waiting for me in Santorini!!!  After being taken to my hotel, I settled in for lunch...I was starving.  Very nice hotel right on the Aegean.




This is a 'real' Greek Salad...there is no lettuce...but it was delicious.


View from the hotel restaurant

After lunch, I took the bus to Fira and explored for a few hours before catching another bus to Oia (pronounced Ee..ah)


The entire island and the views were beautiful.  
















Home to Athens on Day 3....back at the Thira Port for departure on the Hellenic Highspeed, Greek pizza at the port!  Best pizza ever.  The crust was kind of crumbly and of course another Greek beer.



Last but not least.....I found my Grandmother name (KK) on a Greek van!








No comments:

Post a Comment