kkvictorylap

Sunday, February 22, 2015

On My Way to the Outer Banks, NC



My time in Florida has come to a close.....I had a great time with Lauren, Brett and Baylor and I missed a frigid winter in VA, MD and AR!

Lauren, Brett and Baylor got moved into their new house in downtown WPB.  It is a darling house and they can walk or ride their bikes to almost everything.  Here they are riding to school!



I'm excited about seeing Beach Blanket Bungalow.  Check it out at Vacation Rental by Owner (click on link).  I haven't seen it since the end of September last year!  I have had a few renters over the winter and I have an awesome housekeeper that takes care of cleaning while I'm away.  Her husband is a Mr. Fix-It so if anything goes wrong, he can help.  After I bought the house I got to know some highly skilled people very well: electrician, plumber, painters and swimming pool builders!  My real estate agents, Zak and Beth Garcia from Coldwell Banker were awesome and showed me several properties, followed through in helping me purchase and close on the BBB!  They have been a great resource for everything OBX.

My task here for about 10 days is to spring clean; wash all the comforters, pillow shams, throw pillow covers, couch and chair covers.  The house needs a new refrigerator and I'll need to have a water line installed for an ice maker.  I wish I was a handyman!  Two of the bedrooms have double beds and I am changing them out for queens....which means a trip to Sam's in Chesapeake, VA.  I need to check out all the beach chairs and pool chairs to make sure they are all in good shape.  Last but not least, I need to do some landscaping around the pool.  It was ready the end of July, first of August last year and I never got the opportunity to landscape it.  Before I had the pool put in, the previous owner had developed a beautiful garden complete with name tags for all the plants and flowers.  Unfortunately a lot of the plants had to be removed for the pool construction and the concrete around it.  Also, we had to follow certain Currituck County guidelines about borders and fences.  Here are some pics before, during and after the pool installation!

                                                                 

Janie and Marcelo have a pool/ping-pong table that they are going to let me have for the beach house.  I think the renters would enjoy it!  

I will post pictures after I finish landscaping and cleaning up the yard.  I will need to trim the crepe myrtle (a little late)....cut the oleander down, trim the palm trees and haul away all the debris.  I  will post pictures after I finish!

I am going to travel to England for 5 weeks in April and May!  I am so excited.  I will try to post during my adventures......until then......KK

KK's Victory Lap

4 comments:

  1. I love keeping up with you on FB, but this is even more personal! Keep the posts coming and safe travels up north!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kati...right back at you with 'Along for the Ryde'.

      Delete
  2. Sounds and looks awesome! Do you take in relatives? LOL! Would love to see you; it's been way too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love for you to visit! It is so peaceful and beautiful!

      Delete